Please notice that this job posting is older than 7 days. It might be deleted by provider site.
At DotActiv, we pride ourselves on providing the South African retail market with high-quality category management software and advisory services aimed at making in-store shopping an all-round better experience. The purpose of our existence is: “To accelerate the world’s transition to retail sustainability through category management that simultaneously delivers remarkable performance, exceptional shopping experiences and meaningful strides towards sustainability.”
Software account management is a post-sales customer success role that focuses on nurturing client relationships. Customer Success Consultants have two primary objectives: retain clients' business and grow those opportunities. They accomplish these objectives by learning what their clients' goals are and helping their clients achieve them.
The role of the Customer Success Consultant is to study signed customer contracts, be the main point of contact for the client and their voice within DotActiv, build project plans specifically relating to the respective contracts and their journey maps, manage those projects, identify growth and solution opportunities, explore the opportunities of contract renewal, upsells and cross-sells, and ensure that contracts are properly closed-out.
The fundamental purpose of the Customer Success Consultant is to sustain and grow software customer contracts by guiding the customer from early to mature software usage.
Furthermore, the purpose of the role is to ensure that the customers get the value and deliverables defined by our service offering.
The key purpose of this role is summarised as follows:
- Ensure a smooth handover is done from Sales to Operations;
- Ensure the client is onboarded in a timely manner and has everything they need;
- Managing and facilitating any and all training aspects, from free training sessions to additional premium training;
- Ongoing software account management including hyper-personalised monthly check-ins, quarterly reviews to track progress to success; and advisory consulting.
Added to the above the Customer Success Consultant is responsible for managing and ensuring exemplary relationships between DotActiv and its customers. It is their role to identify opportunities for account growth whilst guiding the customer towards mastering the full DotActiv product suite.
Specific tasks that a Customer Success Consultant is responsible for include:
- Working with Operations Managers and Sales Consultants to meet client objectives;
- Actively source and identify development potential in accounts by studying current business; identifying and evaluating additional needs, and analysing opportunities.
- Actively identify operational and technical obstacles within software customer accounts and provide appropriate resolutions.
- Perform billing reviews and provide recommendations for improvements.
- Develop and maintain a productive relationship with customers.
- Understand customer needs and provide business solutions.
- Resolve customer problems in a timely manner.
- Initiates and supports the sales processes by building relationships, understanding the qualifying potential and proposing and securing appropriate upgrade packages with the support of the relevant Operations Manager or Sales and Marketing Manager, as the case may be.
- Develops sales opportunities;
- Continuously explains product and service enhancements, bug fixes, and additions, and introduces new products and services.
- Manage the day-to-day needs of customers by being an advisory consultant.
- Provide excellent customer service to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Attend team meetings regularly.
- Report on churn and expansion of software accounts.
A great attitude is what is most important and the next most important thing we will expect is an “always learning” mindset.
Besides these critical ingredients, you will need to possess or in some instances be willing to acquire (with our help) the following skills and abilities:
Education and Experience:
- Relevant account management, customer success/ experience management, and/or sales experience would be preferred;
- A Consumer Science or Commerce degree or similar degree at a recognised and accredited university is beneficial;
- A good understanding of English (You must be able to speak, read and write at a
business proficiency level);
- Proficiency in another language such as Spanish, French, or any other international language would be beneficial.
Knowledge and Computer Skills:
- Must be a confident communicator and presenter.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must possess excellent organisational and planning skills.
- Be proactive, reliable, responsible and accurate with an attention to detail.
- Possess the ability to keep the information confidential.
- Ability to work in high-stress environments.
- Self-motivated with a positive and professional approach to management.
Here’s what you can expect from DotActiv as a Customer Success Consultant:
- You’ll receive a starting monthly Cost to Company salary of between R9k and R12k, depending on your qualifications and experience.
- You’ll work remotely online.
- Your success is important to us so you can expect that we will invest significantly in your development (both internal and external training).
- The when and how of earning more is completely transparent - our job grading system is open to scrutiny because we believe in paying fairly and without favouritism.
- We will offer you a strategic developmental path specific to your circumstances, allowing you to grow your career with us.