Please notice that this job posting is older than 7 days. It might be deleted by provider site.
Since we first opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely – and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take a payment and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together. So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omnichannel solutions – to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, run a busy kitchen, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. And across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow all in one place.
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
Square is looking for a Data Engineer to join the Seller Customer Success Operations team to help define, develop and manage curated datasets, key business metrics and reporting. You will architect, implement and manage Data Models, pipelines and ETLs that will enable various teams access consistent metrics across the Customer Success ecosystem.
- Partner with functional leads to understand their data and reporting requirements, and translating them into definitions and technical specifications (PRD)
- Be responsible for defining, developing and optimizing curated datasets and schemas with standardized metrics and definitions across the the organization
- Be responsible for the data migration to new platforms and tools
- Develop, deploy, maintain, and optimize data models, pipelines, ETL jobs and visualizations
- Provide comprehensive day-to-day analytics support to partner teams, develop tools and resources to empower data access and self-service so your expertise can be leveraged
- Model data in Looker or similar visualization tools, to empower data access and self-service resources so your expertise can be leveraged where it is most impactful
- Work closely with technical partners in the data platform engineering team on designing and developing robust data structures and highly reliable data pipelines
- Troubleshoot technical issues with platforms, performance, data discrepancies, alerts etc.
- Perform ad hoc analysis, insight requests, and data extractions to resolve critical business and infrastructure issues.
- 5+ years of analytical experience in data engineering, data science, or product / BI analytics
- Bachelor's degree required, with major in analytical or technical field strongly preferred
- Strong technical intuition and ability to understand complex business systems
- Expert knowledge in data modeling concepts and implementation
- Strong technical accomplishments in SQL, ETLs and data analysis skills
- MySQL, Snowflake, Redshift, or similar data handling experience
- Hands on experience in processing extremely large data sets
- Expertise in visualization technologies including Looker, Tableau, and others
- Work experience with Python, Notebooks and/or Databricks
- Familiarity with scripting/programming for data mining and modeling is a plus
- Experience with Linux/OSX command line, version control software (git), and general software development
- Work experience alongside AI/ML teams is a plus
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $152,100 - USD $185,900
Zone B: USD $144,500 - USD $176,700
Zone C: USD $136,900 - USD $167,300
Zone D: USD $129,300 - USD $158,100
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
US and Canada EEOC Statement
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.